These healthy, balanced fall recipes come in a variety of gourmet and convenience variations. Today, our editors reveal 3 complete fall dishes with mushrooms—the star food of the season that demands our special attention. So, which of our proposals would you prepare?
Fall Whole Meals With Mushrooms: A Detox And Nutrition Bowl
Once you’re done cooking leftover pumpkins for Halloween, we’ll move on to another star food of the season—mushrooms! And if you’re a fan of mushroom and spinach recipes, you’ll surely appreciate our nutritional suggestion for a detox bowl. Check out the ingredient list below!
Almond Pesto Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup almond
- 1 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Preheat the oven to 190 ° C, spread the almonds on a baking sheet and cook for 7-10 minutes. Then put the rice in a food processor and mix to get the rice. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the cauliflower rice. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until rice is slightly brown. Meanwhile, take another skillet and heat a tablespoon. A spoonful of olive oil. Then add the sliced mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, transfer the toasted almonds to a small food processor and blend until crumbs form. Then add the coriander, mint, jalapeno, lemon juice, salt and pepper. While the robot is mixing, pour in 2 tablespoons of water and olive oil. If necessary, stop to scrape the sides. Continue mixing until the pesto is smooth and creamy.
Put the spinach in the pan with the cauliflower (on top, don’t mix) and cover. Let it stand for 2-3 minutes. Then divide the spinach into 4 bowls and add the cauliflower rice, mushrooms, and almond pesto. Finally, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and serve!
Autumn DeVita Recipe: Mushroom Pasta
Mushroom dishes continue into the fall with a delicious pasta recipe to delight the whole family.
- 280gm mushrooms, stemless
- 220g uncooked pasta
- 450g skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Chicken breast with salt and pepper. Next, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of oil. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Fry until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and stir well. Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and double cream and continue to cook until the sauce has reduced slightly, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the pasta in the skillet and toss to coat well. Continue cooking for a few minutes and then remove from heat. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with parsley, chili flakes, and Parmesan cheese.
The Fall Whole Meal With Mushrooms: Instant Risotto Bowl
Ingredients to get:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 220 gm mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thawed (or canned) peas
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
How to prepare:
Activate the “Sauté” function on the electric pressure cooker. Add onions, mushrooms, garlic and oil and fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add the broth, rice, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Close, lock and set to “seal”. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Let the pressure drop naturally for 8 minutes. Turn the valve to “vent” to quickly release residual pressure. Once the float valve falls off, remove the cap. Stir in peas and Parmesan and serve!