In the face of inflation, a tight budget has become a reality for many families not only in France, but also all over the world. This greatly affects food products and the way food is prepared. How do you cook to save? To make your budget smile again, today we bring you 4 easy, quick and delicious anti-crisis recipes.
Crisis-fighting recipes: an omelette is the perfect meal for small budgets
Nutritional and ready in 10 minutes max, the omelette is the best easy budget recipe that everyone should know how to make. In addition to saving money at the supermarket, this staple is packed with protein and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Here’s how to prepare it:
- of oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk or water
- Salt and Pepper
- Topping of your choice (optional)
- Grease a frying pan and set it on medium high heat. In a bowl, gently whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Then pour the mixture into the hot skillet. Cook until everything is well cooked.
- Place the filling (if using) on one half of the omelette and cover with the other half. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the filling is heated through. Finally, gently stir the omelette into a plate and serve.
Healthy Economy Meal: Creamy Asparagus Pasta
To ease your wallet while eating a balanced diet, here is an easy and quick recipe where creamy pasta will surely delight your taste buds.
- 250g fusilli pasta (or your favorite kind)
- 300gm asparagus, cleaned and cut lengthwise
- 175g frozen peas
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 100gm soft cheese
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Add asparagus and peas two minutes before the end of cooking. Boil for two minutes and then reserve a cup of the cooking water. Strain the pasta and vegetables. Then add the cheese, lemon juice and peel and continue cooking. Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of the cooking water to loosen the sauce. Thus, it will stick better to the pasta. Is enough !
Economy Family Recipe Idea: Potato Gratin
Our economical recipe ideas continue with potato gratin that will delight the whole family! So, don’t wait any longer and get the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups full fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 200 gm shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, then peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Fry the onions in a pan with butter for 5 minutes. Add the flour and continue to cook for two minutes, while stirring. Pour in the milk, whisk and cook until the flour is completely dissolved. Let the milk simmer gently over a medium heat, stirring constantly. When it starts to boil, add the chicken broth and let it simmer. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Spread half of the potato in the bottom of a gratin dish, in a layer. Cover with half of the white sauce and half of the grated cheddar. Then repeat the process with the rest of the potatoes, sauce and cheese. Finally, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Then remove the paper and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Leave it for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Budget-friendly fall recipes: Pumpkin soup with anti-crunch lentils
Our anti-crisis recipes end with a reassuring proposition that is urgently prepared this fall. It’s also a perfect way to cook leftover pumpkin for Halloween without waste!
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- About 800 grams of minced pumpkin meat, including the seeds
- 100 grams red lentils
- 1 liter hot vegetable stock
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- 50gm fresh cream
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions. Once cooked, add garlic, pumpkin flesh, lentils, and thyme. Pour into hot broth and season before covering. Simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, wash the pumpkin seeds well, remove any residue and pat dry with a paper towel. Next, heat a teaspoon of olive oil and roast the seeds in it. Once roasted, season with salt and sugar and stir well.
- Mix hot soup to get a smooth creamy consistency. Then add the fresh cream and mix again. Taste and season, if necessary.
- Serve with toasted seeds and sprinkle on top.