Hair masks are great for soothing and repairing skin damaged by coloring, hot tools, salt water, and even chlorine. Plus, it can be adapted to your hair type, whether it’s curly, dry, oily, fine or wavy. Discover three effective homemade hair mask recipes to revitalize after summer and strengthen for the cold months.
3 best mask recipes Poetry autumn house
We’ve rounded up the best DIY hair masks for shiny, lustrous hair below. And all this without having to leave your home.
Homemade moisturizing hair mask with milk and honey
If you have fine hair and are looking for a handmade hair mask to treat damage, then this grandma’s recipe is for you. Honey contains keratin, which helps strengthen hair and prevent breakage. It also promotes cell renewal for a healthier scalp and has anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe irritation. Besides milk, which is packed with protein, amino acids, vitamin B12, iron and zinc, the duo can help smooth hair and support its structure.
You will need:
– a cup of milk
How do I do :
1. Mix milk and honey in a spray bottle.
2. Spray the solution on your hair. Leave it on for 10-20 minutes after shampooing (instead of conditioner). Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Hair care: a mixture of banana and olive oil
Banana and olive oil are two ingredients you probably have in your kitchen that can work wonders for restoring your hair. Bananas moisturize dull, damaged and dry hair, as they are rich in vitamins and minerals that can strengthen hair and balance the pH of the scalp. Rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, olive oil provides shine and can also heal damage that can cause split ends and split ends.
To make this home hair mask, use:
– Ripe banana
A tablespoon of olive oil.
1. Blend or mash the bananas until you get a puree free of lumps.
2. Add olive oil and continue mixing. The result should be a creamy and fluffy hair mask.
While showering, apply the mask to the hair and scalp with your fingers. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.
Homemade hair mask with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can benefit many types of hair. Helps detangle long, fine hair and helps seal dandruff in colored hair, reducing color fading. It can also help control frizz, making it a popular treatment among people with curly hair. If your hair is dry, be careful because overusing it can cause additional dryness by removing too much oil.
For a lighter mask:
1. Mix a cup of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of honey.
2. Put the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on the hair. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Deep Repair Hair Mask
Coconut oil is one of the few oils that have been proven to penetrate deep into the hair, allowing it to strengthen strands from within. Shea Butter, Avocado and Grape Seed Oils work in the opposite direction, moisturizing and nourishing hair from the outside in. This mixture does a great job of smoothing hair, calming scalp irritation, and reducing frizz and frizz. Peppermint, rosemary, and cedarwood essential oils also stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth, while Pine Needle adds a fall forest scent.
You will need:
– Shea Butter
– Coconut Oil
Avocado oil or grape seed oil
– 4 drops of rosemary essential oil
4 drops of peppermint essential oil
Two drops of cedarwood oil
2 drops of essential scotch pine oil
1. Gently beat the shea butter until soft, either by hand, using an electric mixer, or in a small mixer.
2. Add the coconut oil, avocado or grapeseed oil and continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is as light as a frosting. Use essential oils.
Apply the homemade mask to dry hair, from the scalp to the ends, and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off. You may need to shampoo several times to completely remove the mask.