Street food is definitely popular now! Furthermore, there are countless books appearing on this topic. Thus, simple, inexpensive and friendly street food is making more and more people happy. So much so that even a wolf food market entered it.
In a canon titled Streetfood by Wolf, the famous Brussels food market invites us to discover the best recipes for its restaurants, which we usually taste on site. From now on, you can take the recipe home with you to copy the specialties of the capital’s leading Brussels chefs. In total ? 53 recipes ranging from dim sum to pancakes to prickly pears and delicious pizzas.
Poke Club Tuna Facebook Facebook
Ingredients (for two bowls):
- 150 grams of rice
- 150 grams of tuna
- 24 cl of water
- 2 cl rice vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 c. in s. sugar
- 1 c. in s. soy sauce
- 1 c. in s. Sesame oil
- 100 grams of edamame
- 80 grams of cucumber
- 80 grams of radish
- 20 grams spinach
- 20 grams pomegranate seeds
- 80 grams small onion
- 100gm mayonnaise
- 1 gram of wasabi powder
- 2g furikake
- Rinse the rice several times in clear water to remove the starch in the grains. Mix vinegar, salt and sugar. Gently mix the mixture with the rice. Cook the rice and let it cool on a cool plate or pan.
- Cut the tuna into cubes and mix it with soy sauce and sesame oil. Put the film in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the radish and green onion into thin slices, and the cucumber into cubes.
- Combine wasabi powder with 5 ml of water and stir to combine with mayonnaise.
- Put the vinegared rice in the bottom of a deep plate, add the tuna marinade in the middle and arrange all the garnishing fruits and vegetables around: cucumber, spinach, edamame, radish, baby onion, and finally sprinkle the sauce, pomegranate seeds and furikake.
Teriyaki chicken dim sum from Dim’s Experience
Ingredients (20 pieces):
- 125gm minced chicken
- 50g grated carrots
- 2 bunches green onions
- 50 grams shiitake
- 20 pieces of frozen wanton ravioli
For homemade teriyaki sauce
- 100 ml water
- 50gm soybeans
- 25 grams liquid honey
- 25 grams brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 25 gm nok mum
- 25g of cornstarch
- In a mixing bowl, add the minced chicken, shredded carrots, shiitakes cut into small cubes, and small onion slices. Reservation.
- Thaw wonton pies. Once it melts, open the ravioli and fill it with the chicken mixture and close it as shown in the picture. Steam for 10 minutes and serve with teriyaki sauce.
Homemade teriyaki sauce
- Prepare teriyaki sauce by putting water, soybeans, honey, brown sugar, garlic, and nuoc mam in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and dilute the cornstarch in a little hot water before incorporating it into the mixture.
- Cook for a few minutes over low heat, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as the sauce reaches the desired thickness, mix it with the filling.
Tartar waffle from joffers and waffles
To prepare the waffle batter
- 250 g flour
- 375 ml of milk
- 10 grams of sugar
- 100gm melted butter
- 15 grams baker’s yeast
- 3 eggs
1⁄2 liter of mayonnaise
- 3 egg yolks
- 20 g Dijon mustard
- fine pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1⁄2 liter sunflower oil or peanut oil
- 2 tbsp. in s. sherry vinegar
- 1⁄4 lemon juice
- 300gm organic ground beef
- 20 grams English sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. c. Tabasco
- fine pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 1 sprig of finely chopped parsley
- 30 capers
- 2 large pickles
- 20 grams of arugula
- Start by making the waffle mixture: Dissolve the yeast in a little lukewarm milk with the sugar. Separate the egg white from the yolk. Beat egg whites very stiff. In a bowl, put the sifted flour, mix well and pour the rest of the warm milk, whisking vigorously. Add the egg yolks, melted butter, and yeast, then gently add the egg whites. Let stand for 45 minutes covered.
- Heat the waffle iron to 190 ° C and start cooking the Brussels waffles.
- To prepare the mayonnaise: Put the egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add the mustard and vinegar. Whisk vigorously and gradually add half the oil in a thin stream. The thinner the slices, the more “tight” and therefore dense and perfect mayonnaise is said. Season, finish with a drizzle of lemon juice and keep in the refrigerator. In a salad bowl, mix minced meat with 30 g of mayonnaise, English sauce, Tabasco, pepper and salt.
- Spread the waffle over the beef, capers, finely chopped white onion, arugula and parsley. Get inspired by the photo, or let your imagination run wild.
Super girls Putin tram
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 8 large bentji potatoes
- 500gm cheese curd
- 300ml poutine sauce
- vegetable oil for frying
To prepare the poutine sauce:
- 250 ml veal broth
- 250 ml chicken broth
- 30 ml cornstarch
- 30 ml ketchup
- 50 ml of water
- 85gm unsalted butter
- 40g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 10 ml sweet mustard
- 15 ml brown sugar
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- Cut the bentjes with the skin into sticks 8 mm thick. Soak chopsticks in cold water for 30 minutes. Heat the oil in a frying pan to 140°C. Drain and pat dry with a clean cloth and place in the fryer basket. Immerse the basket in hot oil in the frying pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and put them on the grill. to calm down. Raise the fryer oil temperature to 180°C. Return the potatoes to the skillet and fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Take it out of the frying pan and put it on absorbent paper. Salt and keep warm if necessary.
- Divide the fried potatoes into 4 plates, garnish with cheese and top with the poutine sauce. serve!
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Reservation.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the mixture turns golden. Add garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds. Add broth, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring with a whisk. Add the cornstarch and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Mama Norma from Pizza Bio
Ingredients (for one pizza):
- 3 tablespoons. in s. Grilled eggplant caviar
- 1 provola cheese (smoked mozzarella)
- 1 bunch yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 50gm grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons. in s. ricotta
- Spread grilled eggplant caviar on pizza dough.
- Then arrange the cherry tomatoes of different colors until the colors blend well, add the eggplant slices and smoked provola slices, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes at 220 ° C for electric ovens and 20 minutes at 180 °. C for gas ovens.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot, sprinkled with fresh ricotta cheese and fresh basil leaves.
To find more recipes:
I want it !
6 super-gourmet recipes seen on TV series
Family Recipes for 50 Belgian Chefs
Wolf: The New Food Market That Gives Brussels Fangs