The older we get (not to mention we get older), the more we need and want to find the sweetness that reminds us of our sweet childhood. We like to remember the warm memories that make us feel comfortable. We feel nostalgic about the days when all we cared about was finishing our homework to go play outside after school. We are waiting for our dad to call us to come for dinner, and see in amazement piece of Chicken on our plate. So simple and comforting, these foods evoke all the sweetness of childhood. Indifference, gluttony, and the search for simplicity. Today, when we’re behind the stove, there are times when we want to treat ourselves to that little guilty pleasure of bringing back childish recipes. And chicken nuggets are just what we need. Homemade, they can be enjoyed endlessly and without hunger, with friends, on your TV, or for lunch. And to excite our taste buds, we can always count on them Cyril Lignac and his recipes. For a culinary journey through time in our childhood country, here is the recipe Chicken nuggets from Cyril Lignac. Accompanied by homemade barbecue sauce, this recipe has everything to become a must-have!
Chicken nuggets recipe from Cyril Lignac:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 100 grams flour
- 3 egg whites
- 100gm mashed potato chips
- 4 bentji potatoes
- paprika powder
- ¼ white cabbage, grated or finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 green onion, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice
- 50g homemade mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 150 grams of ketchup
- 150 grams of water
- 60 gm brown sugar
- 30 gm white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 onion peeled and mashed
- 2 grams red Tabasco
- Sunflower frying oil / olive oil
- Fine salt and ground pepper
- In a casserole dish with a lid, we pour all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce: ketchup, water, sugar, vinegar, mashed onions, season with salt and then add a little red Tabasco.
- Cover ¾ and cook over medium heat for at least 30 minutes, until mixture has reduced.
- Dans un saladier, mélanger la mayonnaise avec le vinaigre de vin, le jus de citron, la moutarde, une cuillerée à soupe d’huile d’olive, ajouter le chou blanc, la carotte râpée et l’oetison deignon, s Freshly ground pepper. Keep the coleslaw in the refrigerator.
- Heat the fryer to 190°C.
- Slice the potatoes into chips using a mandolin (or a vegetable peeler if you don’t have one), rinse them in cool, clear water and then put them in a clean cloth.
- Dip the chips into the hot oil one by one to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- When golden, remove with a slotted spoon and place on a piece of tissue paper. Sprinkle salt with a little paprika powder.
- Leave the frying pan aside and warm.
- On a plate, pour the flour. In another dish, pour the egg whites.
- In a third plate, pour the mashed muslin chips with the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the chicken pieces out of it. Brush them with flour, then in the egg whites and finally in the breadcrumbs and breadcrumbs mixture.
- Submerge the golden pieces in the frying pan until they are colored, then place them on a piece of paper towel. salt.
- Serve chicken pieces with chips, BBQ sauce and cabbage salad in a separate ramekin.
And for more downhill recipes from Cyril Lignac, you’ll find it here.