Do you also want to know the secrets of the Good Shepherd’s Pie? Cyril Lignac shares all of his tips for making the best you’ve ever tasted!
Every day in his column on RTL, Cyril Lignac shares with us his best recipes. Today, the chef offers us to make a homemade shepherd’s pie. Her secret to making it so good? Good butter mashed potatoes, beef and veal filling, and finally a creamy parmesan. This shepherd’s pie recipe will make you rediscover the famous dish!
Ingredients for Cyril Lignac Shepherd’s Pie
This recipe from Cyril Lignac is for four people. Here are the components required:
- 800 grams of minced beef and veal
- 600 grams of Bentji potatoes
- 20 cl of whole milk
- 100 gm + 10 gm butter
- 1 onion
- 4 mushroom buttons
- 200 grams of mashed tomatoes
- 2 screenshots
- olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar
- Fine salt and ground pepper
To prepare the Parmesan cream
- 50 cl of liquid cream
- 50 grams of grated parmesan cheese
As for the utensils, you will need a peeler, a sharp knife, a cutting board, a utensil, a potato masher, a spatula or spatula and a casserole dish. You will also need an oven.
Steps to Cyril Lignac’s Shepherd’s Pie
Count 55 minutes of preparation and 25 minutes of cooking. Here are the steps to follow:
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into cubes. Finely chop the onion, cut out the earthy leg of the mushroom, wash it and cut it into slices. Keep vegetables separately.
- Make the mashed potatoes: Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 12 minutes until fully cooked, then drain and strain through a potato masher over a saucepan with half the hot milk and 15g of butter. Mix the puree and season with fine salt. If it is too thick, you can add a little milk or butter.
- Prepare the Parmesan cream: In a saucepan, pour the liquid cream and reduce it by half over low heat. Add the grated Parmesan, mix and set aside.
- Preheat the oven on the grill to 240 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the minced meat filling: in a hot casserole, put a little olive oil, add the beef and veal. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, then add the butter. Mix the onions, then the mushrooms, continue the caramelization process, then add the crushed tomatoes. Let it cook for 25 minutes.
- Once the meat is done cooking, spread it in an oven dish, add the mashed potatoes on top and cover it with the Parmesan cream. Bake and grill for 4 minutes.
You can accompany your homemade shepherd’s pie with a salad with a little vinaigrette. Bon appetite !