The end of the holiday is near, and this announces the arrival of the autumn season. If we miss drinking hot chocolate and wearing boots, it also portends the return of seasonal comfort food. After grilling and salads, make way for broths and other hot recipes that put balsamic at heart. However, we still dream about traveling, seeing ourselves on the edge of the beach, wandering the small food markets of Phuket and, in short, imagining ourselves well elsewhere. And what better than the kitchen to offer us a ride without leaving our little home. With all the specialties of the world, we have enough to treat ourselves to an extraordinary road trip. Our first destination? Thailand. Our culinary guide? Cyril Linnac. Thanks to Thai Salmon Gravy by Cyril LignacOur taste buds are in a trance state.
Discover more recipes from Cyril Lignac in our cooking section.
Cyril Lignac Thai Salmon Broth Recipe
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 pieces of salmon or other fish
- 500 gm cooked basmati rice or 150 gm raw rice
- 50gm cooked peas
- Some coriander leaves or another herb of your choice
- olive oil
- 6 pieces of paris mushrooms, washed and chopped scallops
- 25 cl chicken broth or bouillon cube
- 25 cl of coconut milk
- 1 stem of lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 10gm ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon in the peel
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon nok mam sauce or fish sauce (optional)
- 1 spoon of sugar
- Fine salt / ground pepper
- olive oil
- 1 frying pan
- 1 flat spoon
- 1 plate
- 1 slicing knife
- 1 pot
- 2 spoons
- 1 whip
- 1 scoop
- 1 pass
- 1 spoon
- In a saucepan, pour a little olive oil, add shallots, lemon, ginger and green curry paste and mix then add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 3 to 5 minutes without turning brown.
- Pour the mixture into the broth, bring to a boil, add the coconut milk, then the lemon peel.
- Bake 15 minutes. You can do this the night before.
- Season the fish pieces with fine salt, tint the sides, drizzle with broth and cook for 8 minutes.
- Heat the cooked rice with a little olive oil and boiled peas.
- In a ramekin, mix lemon juice with nuk mam sauce and sugar.
- Gently remove fish from broth and place in soup bowls, flavoring broth with crab mixture.
- Check the exact seasoning of salt.
- Pour the broth over the fish, add rice on the side or in bowls and finish by putting a few coriander leaves on the fish.
- A recipe that makes us happy