You are one of those people who care about the environment, but find it hard to get started. And why not start making your own dishwashing product? It’s a good start to contribute to the well-being of our planet and save some money along the way. Did you know that dishwashing liquid has a direct detrimental effect on the marine ecosystem? This is because it is imported with water from pipelines in rivers. In today’s program, recipes for homemade dishwashing liquid. They are simple, effective and economical. But that’s not all, the icing on the cake is knowing how to freeze it and especially why? Stay with us for the greatest happiness in your hands. Starting !
Dishwashing liquid is harsh on the skin and can cause allergic reactions
Dishwashing detergent is a mandatory product in every home. For fans of novelty tricks and for those just getting started, here are some slightly improved eco alternatives. They are all made with products you all already know for their cleaning and degreasing properties: white vinegar, baking soda, and soap.
Black dishwashing liquid soap
Black soap consisting of olive oil or linseed oil is very effective for all types of cleaning at home and elsewhere. Here is the infallible recipe tested by netizens:
- 0.8 hot water
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 50 g grated Marseille soap;
- 1 tablespoon of soda crystals.
- 1 tablespoon of black soap.
- A few drops of essential oil (optional).
- Dissolve the grated Marseille soap in hot water.
- Then add baking soda, crystals, and black soap. You really have to determine the exact quantities for the correct implementation of the recipe.
- Let the mixture rest for a few hours in a well-ventilated place. You will notice a change in the texture of the mixture. All you have to do is pour the liquid into a suitable empty bottle and you are done. Now your lover will have no other excuses to wash the dishes.
Black soap can also take care of your plants in the garden
Homemade baking soda and white vinegar
Well, we have not forgotten those who have a dishwasher. We bring you an ecological and natural recipe for making dishwasher tablets with our star product, baking soda.
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- 12 cl of white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of soda crystals.
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (unrefined, unprocessed);
- 1 tablespoon of critical acid;
- 15 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 trays of ice cubes.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Add white vinegar gradually (you can add water instead of vinegar if you wish).
- You should get a slightly damp powdery texture.
- Add the essential oil.
- Put the mixture in an ice cube tray.
- Mix the mixture well and leave it for a few hours.
- Loosen when the tablets are completely dry and place in an airtight container.
- During use, you can add a teaspoon of critical acids to avoid white spots on your dishes.
Use a wooden brush when washing dishes to protect your hands
Mustard powder for tough stains
If you have a very dirty pot, here is a little trick that has been very effective since the dawn of time and of course natural. Simply rinse the bowl with cold water and cover the area with mustard powder. Leave it on for a few minutes and then scrub gently with a dish brush or sponge. This technique is of course valid for all your dishes. This trick is economical and effective at the same time, to use it without moderation. For more sensitive hands, you can mix water, mustard powder, and baking soda.
Homemade dishwashing liquid is gaining in popularity
There you go, with a few essential products, you have your very own dishwashing liquid. And don’t forget, when you don’t know, to follow the recipe literally.
Mustard has anti-bacterial properties
Dishwashing detergent is a must for every family. But did you know that its degreasing and cleaning benefits are known other than the simple cleaning of dishes. It is very effective for:
- Remove stains from delicate fabrics and clothing.
- Natural insect repellent.
- A powerful degreaser for tough stains.
- Toilet maintenance and many other things.
For all these good reasons, the idea of freezing dishwashing liquid is getting its attention. You can do this in ice cube trays or plastic bags. That way, you’ll always have it on hand and in a ready-to-use format that’s more practical than a synthetic bottle.
Freeze dishwashing liquid for compact doses
You are now convinced to embark on the ecological direction. As the saying goes, the bird builds its nest little by little, so it’s never too late to start. Especially since there is some fun and personal satisfaction in making things yourself. You have some eco-friendly alternatives to synthetic dishwashing liquid to get beautiful, soft hands while protecting nature. Each homemade product will be unique, so it is possible to conduct some experiments before getting the perfect result.
In this homemade dishwashing liquid recipe, you can also add a few drops of lemon
Always choose empty bottles for your homemade dishwashing liquid recipe
Using mustard to clean dishes is more effective with lukewarm water, too.