The Scottish egg was born at the end of the nineteenth century in Scotland. However, the technology of encapsulating eggs already cooked into meat originated in North Africa, more precisely in Algeria. Preparing Scotch eggs is very challenging, however, the DeaVita team has handpicked the two easiest recipes to make! One for Scottish and vegetarian boiled eggs! So it is up to you to choose which one, because both are absolutely delicious! So, without further ado, here’s how to prepare it!
scottish egg Easy recipe!
There are so many great variations of this recipe that your fingers will be eating! Hot, sweet, sour, in a salad, as a savory appetizer, a decadent hangout breakfast or at happy hour… the options are endless! In fact, the editors of DeaVita have tested these recipes before and can prove they’re an office favorite! It’s excellent finger food and it turns out to be super easy.
- 350g Dijon mustard
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- a little honey
- 4 eggs
- 4 pork sausages
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 1 scrambled egg
- 120 gm bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a little frying oil
To prepare the mustard sauce:
Mix mustard, white wine vinegar, honey, and black pepper.
For Scotch eggs:
- First, in a saucepan, put the eggs and add water. Boil the water.
- Once cool, peel the eggs.
- In 3 separate bowls, add the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs, all mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take a quarter of a piece of meat in your hand and spread it in the palm of your hand. Put an egg in the middle and wrap the meat around, pulling it hard to form a nice oval shape. Then roll in flour.
- Add oil to a frying pan and leave it at 175°C.
- Fry the eggs in the oil for 6 minutes, until golden.
- Drain and serve with mustard sauce.
Recipe scottish egg vegetarian
- ½ tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
- 80 grams of edamame
- 80 grams of peas
- 40 grams of cheese
- Sesame seeds
- 15 grams of arugula
- fresh coriander
- lemon peel
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil two eggs. Then, whisk the remaining eggs in a bowl and set aside. Put the roasted sesame seeds in a plate.
- Put the peas and edamame in a bowl and pat dry with a paper towel. Then mix the arugula, cheese, peas, cilantro, salt, pepper, and lemon peel.
- Add the flour and beaten eggs and mix again until combined.
- Peel the eggs carefully and roll them in a little flour.
- Weigh out 80g of the mixture and place a piece of wrapping paper on the table. Spread the mixture with the back of a spoon to give it an oval shape. Place the egg in the center and fold the mixture around the entire egg using plastic wrap.
- Steam the eggs for 6 minutes. Roll eggs in sesame seeds.
Photo gallery: ideas and tips!
id = “more-449770″>
Which of your scotch eggs recipe do you prefer?
You can add garlic to improve the taste and enjoy its magical benefits!
Moreover, finely chopped shallots go perfectly with meat!
Some people add rosemary to their Scotch eggs to give them even better flavour!
Make a Scotch Egg in Your Thermomix or Air Fryer for a Great Crunch!
Are you a vegetarian? No problem ! Try this vegan Scotch egg recipe!
Put it in salads to add protein…
Or offer them an aperitif. Either way, they are absolutely delicious!