Looking for Easter meal ideas? Do you know Berrichon pâté? A typical dish made of eggs and meat is served for the occasion. Discover our tips for doing this and above all succeed every time.
Easter is also known as pâté berrichon, and it is a regional specialty in central France. It is appreciated for its tender meat made of veal and pork and flavored with parsley. But what clearly links her to the Easter celebrations is her hard-boiled egg, the central ingredient in this recipe. Wrapped in shortbread or puff pastry, the recipe is easy to prepare. They are often eaten as an appetizer, but can also be used as a main dish if you accompany them with a good salad! We immediately present to you our foolproof recipe for the most delicious Easter pies!
Berrichon pâté . recipe
- 1 puff pastry
- 350g sausage meat
- 150 gm minced veal
- 4 eggs + 1 egg white
- 4 onions
- 20 grams butter
In a saucepan, cook 3 eggs in boiling water for 9 minutes.
Soak chopped onions in butter for a few minutes. Add the minced meat and parsley, then the egg whites. Mix well before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
Roll out the dough and put the first layer of filling. Make a row with eggs, then cover with the filling.
Fold the sides of the dough to seal completely. Moisten the edges with a little water by applying pressure to seal the dough well.
Preheat the oven to 200 °C (6-7).
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the dough face down.
To allow steam to escape, make small slits on top (three is enough).
Grease the dough with an egg yolk to Thmarha.
Bake for at least 30 minutes.
Our Easter pie recipes
to warm up your plate
- If your patty is still a little warm, but you want it hotter. We advise you to leave it for 10 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C.
- If it is cold, first wait until it reaches room temperature before placing it in the oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- If frozen, allow it to thaw completely before placing it in the oven at 200°C for 20 to 30 minutes.
to keep it
- Nothing better than wrapping it in plastic wrap! It will easily fit in the refrigerator.
- If you choose to store in the freezer, cover it with plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag. However, it will not last long, two to three weeks.
Philip Etchebest’s recipe for homemade, melting and crunchy collars!
How to make egg mayonnaise like a pro
My menu and desserts are ready in less than 20 minutes when you don’t have time to cook