Run out of butter? No problem, Chef Simone Zanoni gives us great advice for substituting in the kitchen! Illustration of Madeleine’s Lemon and Thyme recipe.
Simone Zanoni, everyone loves her scented kitchen And filled with the sun of Italy, including these very simple pasta recipes that can be made at home. Regularly, he shares his cooking secrets on his Instagram account. And this time, George V starred chef Reveals how to replace butter to make it delicious Madeleine Lemon and Thyme. Here, we have already given you some tips for making pastries without butter, with almond puree, coconut oil, and many other ingredients that we don’t always think about. How does the Italian chef work? Another option which is very simple ! Instead of butter, he uses…olive oil! Uses Costa d’Oro oil Who did not hesitate to praise its merits. For almost a year now, he has actually become a partner of this “Made in Italy” brand that he really appreciates!
Madeleine Lemon and Thyme Recipe by Simone Zanoni
280g of flour (preferably Manitoba)
90 grams of potato starch
– 240 grams of sugar
– 4 whole eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 130 ml olive oil
– Two teaspoons of yeast
Powdered sugar for the end
1/2 lemon juice
– Squeeze two lemons
– 4 small sprigs of thyme
- In a bowl, whisk Egg and sugar mixAbout ten minutes.
- Add One-third of the lemon peela few spoons of flour pass through a sieve to prevent lumps, baking powder and finely chopped thyme.
- Add olive oil and keep going Stir to get a homogeneous mixture. Continue with the rest of the flour that is still passed through the sieve. Keep your preparation in the fridge .
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Oil your Madeleine molds With olive oil. Fill it with your preparation, being careful not to fill it too much because your madeleine will swell.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 180°C and then 5 minutes at 170°C.
- Let’s cool and Decorate with powdered sugar And the remaining lemon zest when serving.
These mini madeleines are perfect for a snack. But if you remove the sugar, it will also be perfect to taste as an aperitif! Test nowIn both versions!