Show slide show
This is an easy recipe for making delicious “homemade” organic panna cotta. Here, traditional gelatin is replaced with a vegan alternative: agar-agar. For the strawberry and almond cole, using a simple spoonful of white organic almond puree brings a nice sweetness and smoothness to this dessert.
The freshness and flavors of this recipe are also provided by:
Bernard Gaborette Organic Fresh Cream: This fresh, organic cream is made from Jersey cow’s milk. Gently pasteurized in a bath marie, its taste and color change depending on the season and diet of the cows. It also slowly simmers to reveal all its flavors! So delicious, it introduces the floral scents of the meadow, perfect for a refined and very gourmet kitchen!
– Fresh Organic Bernard Gaborette Half Cream Milk: From Jersey cows, this milk is exceptional in that it is rich in minerals (calcium, magnesium, etc.), vitamins and trace elements, with a higher protein content and higher fat than other types of milk. It also contains less lactose. Gentle pasteurization performed in a water bath ensures its high nutritional quality. In fact, by using bain-marie, heat shocks are avoided and the organic milk is not denatured. It retains its taste qualities, as well as useful microflora, vitamins and nutrients.
The diet of the Jersey cows that produce this organic milk and fresh cream is rich and varied, based on grass, green hay, beets, grains, … and guaranteed without fodder (fermented food), which is better for the animals and allows them to produce softer milk. In addition, these cows are obligatory for at least 8 months a year on the pasture.
Butter, milk, cream, cheese, yogurt … Bernard Gaborette offers fresh and refined organic dairy products, 100% “Made in France”, available in specialized organic stores and in dairies and cheese factories. Find more information on the website www.bernardgaborit.fr.
Plus: Read Bernard Gaborette’s article, French Organic Dairy Creamer
- Pour the organic milk into a saucepan. We add the vanilla pods, divided in half and scraped, as well as sugar. Leave on low heat, then turn off the heat and leave for 30 minutes. Remove the vanilla pod.
- Combine the cornstarch in a bowl with a little milk, then pour into the saucepan. Add agar agar in the rain. Boil the milk over low heat while whisking. Leave it on low heat for a few minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Relax the fresh, organic cream in a salad bowl, and gradually dilute it with the hot milk. Immediately divide into four individual containers. Leave to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours (and up to 48 hours).
- To make coleus: Rinse and dry the strawberries. Cut in half and place in a blender bowl. Add lemon juice and almond puree. Mix to get coulis.
- Serve organic panna cotta topped with strawberry and almond coulis.
- 25 cl fresh, organic Bernard Gaborette milk (semi-skimmed milk from Jersey cows)
- 20 cl of fresh creamy organic Bernard Gaborette cream (fresh cream from Jersey cows)
- 125g organic strawberries (in season or frozen)
- 1 organic vanilla
- 3 tbsp. 1 tablespoon organic blond sugar
- 1 c. 1 tablespoon of corn or potato starch
- ½ tsp. Agar-agar coffee powder (about 2 grams)
- 2 tbsp. 1 teaspoon organic lemon juice
- 1 c. tablespoons of organic white almond puree