Learn the basics of pastry with Cyril Lignac’s Vanilla Cream Recipe. The chef explains step-by-step how to make it work and even reveals his trick to making it light.
in between Pastry recipes to knowThe pastry cream is well placed. It is used to decorate cabbage and for the bases of fruit pies. Everyone has their little trick to get it right the first time, and Cyril Lignac is no exception. On RTL, the chef shares his recipe with us and even reveals his secret to getting a light pastry cream.
Ingredients for Cyril Lignac Pastry Cream
to realize Cyril Lignac Vanilla Cream Pie Recipe You will need:
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 grams of sugar
- 10 grams of flour
- 5 grams cornstarch
- 150 grams of milk
- 15 g butter (unsalted or semi-salted)
It is entirely possible to make a file Gluten Free Pastry Cream. To do this, simply leave out the flour and replace it with cornstarch.
Cyril Lignac . Pastry Cream Stages
Preparing the pastry cream itself is not difficult, and most importantly, carefully monitor its cooking. Here’s how:
- Divide and scrape the vanilla bean.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar, flour and cornstarch.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and vanilla pulp. Pour the vanilla milk into the bowl. mix up.
- Put everything in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Mix the preparation with the paddle. Cook until boiling.
- When a hole forms in the middle of the pot, remove it from the heat again. Mix to obtain a homogeneous cream. Then put the pan back on the fire. This allows you to have no lumps and to get a silky cream.
- Remove the cream from the heat and add a little butter to soften it.
- Allow it to rest in a plate with a film in the surrounding air.
Cyril Lignac’s tip for light pastry cream
For a light pastry cream, the chef has an unexpected trick: He adds slightly sweetened whipped cream to the pastry cream when it’s cold.
Pastry cream can be useful as a filling for pies or pie bases, or for preparing a Paris Brest or Mel Féuelle.
Cyril Lignac’s full column on RTL can be found here.