“huesos de santo” (bones of saints)
Egg Yolk Cream Ingredients: 4 large egg yolks, 100 gm of fine sugar, 50 ml of water
Decorating Cream Ingredients: 100 grams of powdered sugar 30 ml of water
1. Prepare marzipan
2. Make a drink. In a saucepan, pour 40 ml of water and dissolve 80 g of fine sugar.
3. Heat it on a medium heat until the water begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir until syrup becomes transparent. Leave it to rest for a few minutes.
4. On the other hand, put the almonds in the bowl of a blade chopper or food processor and blend until you get an almond powder.
5. Pass the ground almonds into a bowl and gradually add the syrup. Knead until smooth, but still a bit sticky. You probably won’t need all the drink.
6. Wrap the marzipan with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
Marzipan bone composition:
1. On a surface previously sprinkled with icing sugar, roll out the marzipan with a rolling pin until it is about 3 mm thick.
2. Cut a square 20 x 20 cm and remove the excess.
3. Using a skewer, make slits on the marzipan by pressing gently. Space them apart by at least 1 cm.
4. Cut squares of 5 x 5 cm.
5. One by one, take each small square and sprinkle the unglued part with powdered sugar. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, for example, form a cylinder with marzipan, wet the edges and press down to create the cylinder. Carefully remove the handle of the spoon and allow it to dry.
Prepare the egg yolk cream:
1. Make syrup again using 100 g of sugar and 50 ml of water.
2. Boil the water and sugar in a saucepan. Turn off the heat when it starts to boil. Remove it and let it cool down.
3. Separate the egg yolk.
4. In a bowl, beat the egg yolk and gradually add the syrup, stirring constantly. Pour the yolks into the pan and cook in a water bath for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly, until a thick cream is obtained.
5. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
7. In a bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing 100 grams of powdered sugar with 30 ml of water.
8. Put the cream of egg yolk into a piping bag.
9. Fill the inside of the bones with marzipan on both sides.
10. Cover with ice and let dry on a wire rack.
it’s ready !