Enough for 6 people
difficulty : basic
cost : weak
Prepare : 35 minutes
cooking : 15 minutes
the cold : 1 hour
• 500 grams of bunches of black and white grapes
• 8 sprigs of thyme
• 20 grams of butter
• 1 egg white
• 30 g of almond powder
• 30 grams granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
• 260 grams of flour
• 1 large egg + 1 yolk for gilding
• 130 gm soft butter
• 40 g of almond powder
• 100 grams of sugar + 2 tablespoons of crystalline sugar
• 1 pinch of salt
Step by Step
- Prepare the dough. Mix the butter with the ground almonds, eggs, powdered sugar and salt. Add the flour and knead until we get a smooth dough. Cover and leave to rest for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (the sixth). Grape seed seeds. Mix crystal sugar and almond powder. Roll out the dough into a circle and place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites, brush the tartar base, then sprinkle with the almond powder and sugar mixture. Spread the grapes and thyme leaving 3 cm from the free edge.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling. Beat the egg yolk and brush the edges of the pie. Sprinkle with crystal sugar. Put the butter in pieces on the grapes. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, warm or cold.
Don’t make this pie too much in advance because the raisins release a lot of juice.
grape varieties used: white, danla or centipede; and in black, Muscat du Ventoux AOP.
a little history
The first traces of grapes date back to 6000 BC in central Europe. In ancient times, the fruit spread to North Africa and Northern Europe. Then 600 BC. JC, Phocaeans, founding Massilia (Marseille), importing vine into Gaul! This fruit has long been restricted to viticulture, and was considered for other uses in the 16th century.
When François I brought these beautiful clusters to Fontainebleau, table grapes became a royal dessert.
Do you know?
Ultraviolet light therapy, also known as grape cure (uva in Latin), consists of eating only this fresh fruit, chewable or in juice (about 1 to 2 kg of grains per day), for three days. This will have the effect of removing toxins from the body.
Welcome to autumn, this purifying mono-diet will relieve toxins that the body has begun to store for the winter, restore the digestive system and strengthen the immune system.
The high carbohydrate content provides sufficient energy and reduces fatigue. It is advised to drink plenty of water to support evacuation. And above all, don’t forget to ask your doctor first!