Basim Deco tartlet on instagram, Cassie Winslow She unveils her second book of cake recipes (but not only) that specializes in flowers. in the new floral supplies Deco Tartelette fans will find floral tips and recipes just like in his first book, shedding flowers. With weddings and summer back, Cassie Winslow We end up sharing his third recipe to try at home.
After that lavender whipped cream on red fruits and a champagne cocktail mixed with rose salt, we finish in style with a cake recipe with cream with hibiscus and strawberry jam. An opportunity for the chef to tell us more about this exceptional dish: “This cake is so beautiful and elegant. Filled with so many floral ingredients, it lives up to the name Garden Party. From rose water, to orange blossom water, to sugar infused with flowers, filled with lavender, hibiscus, chamomile and calendula … This cake will make you feel like you are dining in the middle of a wonderful garden, celebrate flowers in all their glory. And above all? This cake is decorated with pink frosting, making it the most beautiful pastry you have ever seen. Decorate it with pretty flowers and a few small strawberries.”
The Garden Party Cake with Hibiscus and Strawberry Frosting Recipe from Cassie Winslowauthor Deco tartlet :
- 1 cup [220 g] unsalted butter at room temperature (use for lubricating pans more)
- 1½ cups [250 g] Garden Party Sugar (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon rose salt (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon blossom water
- ¼ tsp. Rose water
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1½ cups [360 ml] Whole milk at room temperature
- 3½ cups [420 g] cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
To make the hibiscus strawberry jam frosting:
- Half a cup [105 g] chopped strawberry
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 c. Big spoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried hibiscus petals
- 1 cup [220 g] Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3½ cups [350 g] Sieve powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons half and half
- Handful of edible flowers for decoration
- small strawberry for garnish
For a two-tier cake:
Heat oven to 180 ° C. Butter two 23 cm cake pans and cut two pieces of parchment paper to adjust them to the shape of the pan. Grease the paper with a little butter. Put aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, Garden Party sugar, and pink salt on medium speed until well blended. Add the blossom water and rose water and mix on medium speed until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites and milk until well combined. For reservations.
In another medium bowl, mix together the cake flour and baking powder until completely combined. Add about half of the egg white mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds. Then add half of the flour mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds. Repeat, then mix mixture on medium speed until smooth, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula if necessary.