Homemade tomato sauce all year round? We all sign. Good news, reserves are now prepared by trapping ripe tomatoes in jars. To your reserves!
Tomato season is over At the end of August with boxes of very ripe tomatoes bought by the kilo. Often less expensiveThey are there to allow you to extend the season by preparing jars of tomato sauce and continuing to cook them in the coming months.
a A quick reminder of successful tractor rules Sometimes it is necessary. The process consists of boiling pots of water in order to sterilize them and retain their contents for a longer period. do a good job, Don’t overfill your jars. Le Parfait recommends stopping to me 2 cm from the edge. Pour the hot tomato sauce and turn the jar upside down Once closed to expel air. Remember thatSterilization for 45 minutes can preserve sauces for 2 to 3 months. For 1 hour 30, this is more or less a year.
This is a basic tomato sauce recipe, but nothing prevents you from changing the herbs or eliminating them entirely. Or to make real Italian tomato sauce.
Another type of this preparation: you can tomato juice before cooking it.
Tomato sauce in a jar: the recipe recommended by Le Parfait
- 2.5 kg ripe tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Small bunch of thyme
- 1 bundle parsley
- basil or tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- olive oil
- Dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute and then into a bowl of ice water To make it easier to trim them. Cut them into cubes.
- Fry with olive oil finely chopped onion And garlic cloves without their shirts. Add tomato cubes.
- Prepare all herbs and spices. Sprinkle tomato paste. Correction by taste Add a little salt or sugar.
- Cook on a very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Puree in blender. Fill the jars and heat cure for 45 minutes at 100°C.
Now you know how to make homemade tomato sauce during the fall. And soon you won’t be able to look at industrial tomato sauce the same way.